Terms and Conditions of Enrolment into Quantus Learning for AY2018
2. In each calendar month, the sessions are specified in our Academic Year 2018 Timetable. There is no pro-ration of monthly fees, registration fee or material fees unless otherwise clearly specified. Fees are incurred on a monthly basis, and not on a session-basis.
You may download the AY2018 Timetable through the link below:
3. All sessions in the Academic Year 2018 are final, and no amendments will be made without prior written consent from Quantus Learning. The sessions will be for the entire Academic Year 2018 as detailed out in the Academic Year 2018 Timetable.
(a) Once sessions are confirmed, there is only ONE complimentary change allowed for the entire Academic Year. If further changes are required, it will be charged at $50 per change in each session already registered for.
(b) Quantus Learning reserves the right to re-schedule sessions without prior notice to parents/guardians of students.
4. ABSENCE In the event of an absence from the sessions which have been scheduled, only medical reasons with valid medical certificate as evidence will be accepted. On such occasions, student will be able to choose another session as a make-up. There is a maximum of ONLY THREE make-up sessions per student under such circumstances in the entire Academic Year 2018.
5. MAKE-UP Parents/guardians are to inform us at least one week in advance of any make-up session in accordance to paragraph (4). All make-up sessions are subject to availability. Students may do make-up at other branches of Quantus Learning, when there are available slots. However, they are to get confirmation from the Branch manager for availability of such sessions.
(a)(i) The FIRST AND SECOND SESSIONS attended by any student at Quantus Learning will always be used for assessment and diagnostics, on top of induction of the student into the personalised learning programme. Parents may be given a summary of our findings and our proposed personalised learning programme for the student. First session will be induction, familiarisation and orientation as well as subject-specific assessments. For the Second session, the student will explore the various learning strategies using the resources provided based on the BrainCore Infinity™ Principles.
(a)(ii) If a student opts for a trial session, and then subsequently enrolls with Quantus Learning, the Second session for the particular subject in the trial as in (a)(i) will be skipped. However, other subjects enrolled which is not in the trial, will progress as per normal.
(b) Each coaching session is 90 minutes.Sessions will be personalised according to the needs of the student. Coaches assigned to the students will customise every session to cater to the needs of the students. (i) Students may do their homework during these sessions; (ii) Students may revise for their school tests and exams; (iii) Students may use these sessions to help them in non-academic areas that will support their academic needs; (iv) Students would cover learning milestones according to the Self-Directed Mastery Learning Pathways methodology and BrainCore Infinity Principles; and (v) Parents/guardians may consult school teachers to provide feedback to coaches in their review of the child’s Personalised Learning programme.
(c) Personalised Learning Coaches will be deployed for every session.
(d) Depending on the personalised learning ratio opted for the student, each child will be coached in small groups of 8 students to 1 coach (1:8), 4 students to 1 coach (1:4), 2 students to 1 coach (2:1). For 1-to-1 (1:1) coaching session, there will be one coach to one student.
(e) In each group session (1:8, 1:4, 1:2 ratios), the students may be from different levels and covering different subjects.
(f) In each session, there will be a maximum of 20-25 students in the learning studio at any given time.
(g) For home-based sessions (taking place in student’s residence or elsewhere but our learning studios), the student will be coached by one of our home-based coaches.
(h) Booster Sessions are provided throughout the Academic Year. These sessions are compulsory as part of the weekly coaching programmes. They are also offered to students in Semester 2 in preparation for major examinations such as PSLE, N Level, O Level and A Level. The Booster Sessions are complimentary, and monthly fees are to be paid till the end of the Academic Year. In the event of withdrawal after utilisation of the Booster Sessions, the monthly fees are still payable till the end of the Academic Year.
7. WITHDRAWAL POLICY
(a) (1) The submission of an official withdrawal form will be required in ADVANCE of ONE CALENDAR MONTH prior to withdrawal of student upon successful registration of student. In lieu of this, ONE FULL MONTH’s fees will be payable to Quantus Learning.
(2) If you have registered, and decided to withdraw EVEN BEFORE attending any session at Quantus Learning, an official withdrawal as in paragraph (7)(a)(1) will still be needed in ADVANCE OF ONE MONTH. In lieu of this, ONE FULL MONTH’s fees will be payable as materials and resources have been allocated to the student for the entire month upon registration. Registration and material fees are still incurred in such circumstance.
(3) If the effective last session is in a particular month, the entire fees for that calendar month has to be paid in entirety. eg. Effective last session is 12th April, the full month fees for April is payable. This is also applicable to the amount payable in lieu of advanced one month notice.
(b) For students graduating at the end of the Academic Year 2018, here are the last months of the Academic Year 2018:
i. PSLE – October 2018
ii. N Level – October 2018
iii. O Level – November 2018
iv. A Level – November 2018
(c) All monthly fees are incurred for the entire Academic Year 2018 even if students have ended their major examinations as in 7(b) and are no longer attending anymore sessions at Quantus Learning.
(d) There is no withdrawal allowed from September 2018 onwards to help students prepare for their final examinations.
8. DISMISSAL, INTERVENTION AND MEDIATION Students may be dismissed for disruptive behaviour or if the coaches feel that methodology is not suitable for the students. This will only be carried out after consultation with coaches, students and parents. Students may be put under probation for mediation purposes. This is to ensure optimal learning conditions for every learner at our studios.
9. All sessions are held at Quantus Learning Branches as publicised to parents/guardians. From time-to-time, we may shift our branches. We reserve the right to move within 10 km radius of current location of the branch without prior notice.
10. The maximum capacity at each studio at any given time ranges from 20-25. If your child requires more personalised coaching, you may opt for a smaller ratio of coach:student ratio at an additional charge. Alternatively, you may consider home-based personalised learning for your child.
11. Registration fee (non-refundable) per student is $50 (each Academic Year). Material fee is $50/subject per semester (Semester 1: December 2017 to May 2018, Semester 2: June 2018 to November 2018) and is collected in every semester (before December 2017 and before May 2018 respectively), regardless of months left in the semester.
12. Total Monthly Fees vary according to subjects, levels, ratios, locations and other discounts (e.g. vouchers, package specials).
13. DEPOSIT UPON REGISTRATION There is a deposit of $100 required upon registration. This amount must be paid latest by the following day of registration. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Our staff will follow up with every online/paper registration to ensure payment is made promptly.
(a) Payment of $100 is incurred upon each and every online registration made for each and every child. You are liable for the payment of the $100 deposit for each online registration you make.
(b) This amount will be refunded at the end of the Academic Year 2018 once all arrears have been settled.
14. Promotions and Discounts
(a) All promotions enjoyed by any Student during registrations will require the full enrolment into the entire academic year from December 2017 to November 2018.
(b) Enrolment under the Smart Parents Scheme will require 2-year enrolment from the start date as in its own separate terms and conditions. In the event of any withdrawal, the total fees incurred for the contract period, or what is left of the period is payable.
(c) Enrolment under the Ultimate Combo Package will require 1-year enrolment from the start date as in its own separate terms and conditions. In the event of any withdrawal, the total fees incurred for the contract period, or what is left of the period is payable.
15. Liability Disclaimer
(a) All costs incurred as a result of any damage, injury, loss, expense or liability that may be caused to public and/or private property by the student will be paid by the parents/guardians.
(b) Quantus Learning reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
(c) These terms and conditions, and the policies for payment, and the amount of the fees, may be varied by notice in writing to the student and/or parents/guardians of the student.
16 LEGALITY You are legally bound by these terms and conditions under the laws of the Republic of Singapore when you accept these Terms and Conditions, either over the Internet or offline. We reserve the right to make claims against you for any non-payment of fees as stipulated by the fee schedule and as bound by the herein terms and conditions. In such actions taken against you to recover such claims, we reserve the right to charge additional administrative costs against you based on prevailing costs of such legal claims.
Version 1 September 2017, Last Updated 7 October 2017.
To be updated on the latest Terms and Conditions for AY2018, please contact us.
Ready to create greatness for your child?
World's Most Advanced Personalised Learning Systems
Be Your Greatest! More Than Just Tuition.
Are you looking for the latest specials? Click here if you are.